Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's can't wait to read it selection is...
When Your Life Is Not Your Own
Martyr---otherwise known as Jason 3:3---is one of hundreds of clones kept in a remote facility called Jason Farms. Told that he has been created to save humanity, Martyr has just one wish before he is scheduled to 'expire' in less than a month. To see the sky.
Abby Goyer may have just moved to Alaska, but she has a feeling something strange is going on at the farm where her father works. But even this smart, confident girl could never have imagined what lies beneath a simple barn. Or what would happen when a mysterious boy shows up at her door, asking about the stars.
As the reality of the Jason Experiment comes to light, Martyr is caught between two futures---the one for which he was produced and the one Abby believes God created him to have. Time is running out, and Martyr must decide if a life with Abby is worth leaving everything he's ever known.
Whoa. That was my first reaction. The book caught my attention because my boyfriend's name is Jason -- even if he does tend to go by Jay. When I started to read the summary, though, I knew this had to be my WOW pick, because wow do I want to read it now!
1. Is a world where you will not exist worth saving?
2. Are people who have created such a monstrous environment worth dying for?
3. Is it selfish or wrong to wish for one's own survival, regardless of one's creation?
4. When and if one starts thinking for oneself, is that what makes you a person? (i.e. when does something stop being 'just a clone'?)
5. Is love worth turning one's back on everything? No matter the cost?
I am intrigued. I must read this. It clearly has me thinking in all sorts of interesting ways and coming up with hypothetical questions already. Great!
So, what are you waiting on this Wednesday? Feel free to leave a link!