Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine. We all get together to show each other books we can't wait to get our hands on.
This week's can't-wait-to-read-it selection is:
Throne of Glass
by Sarah J. Maas
After serving out a year of hard labor in the salt mines of Endovier for her crimes, 18-year-old assassin Celaena Sardothien is dragged before the Crown Prince. Prince Dorian offers her her freedom on one condition: she must act as his champion in a competition to find a new royal assassin.
Her opponents are men—thieves and assassins and warriors from across the empire, each sponsored by a member of the kings council. If she beats her opponents in a series of eliminations, she’ll serve the kingdom for three years and then be granted her freedom.
Celaena finds her training sessions with the captain of the guard, Westfall, challenging and exhilirating. But she’s bored stiff by court life. Things get a little more interesting when the prince starts to show interest in her... but it’s the gruff Captain Westfall who seems to understand her best.
Then one of the other contestants turns up dead... quickly followed by another. Can Celaena figure out who the killer is before she becomes a victim? As the young assassin investigates, her search leads her to discover a greater destiny than she could possibly have imagined.
Where do I even start?
1. Female assassin for the win. :D
2. Who the hell is this Prince and just what kind of interest does he take in our leading lady?
3. What kind of kingdom needs a "royal assassin"?
4. Why did Celaena become an assassin? That's not exactly an easy career choice. Who did she kill?
5. Who is behind the assassinations of the would-be future "royal assassin"? And just what kind of great destiny is Celaena meant for?
I'm definitely intrigued and I can't wait to check this one out.
So, what are you looking forward to this week? Leave a link and I'll drop by and check it out. :)