I'm thrilled to announce that I plan to take part in Camp NaNoWriMo this July. I just finished the final chapters of my latest story, TO GRANT A DARK GIFT last weekend and now I am absolutely dying to get started with my next book, SEALED WITH A KISS. This book is very important to the Sealer Saga, as I have come to realize that it (not SEALER'S PROMISE) is actually the first book in the series. Want to know what it's about?
(This synopsis may yet be changed. This is not the final cover.)
Some Kisses Are Worth Dying For...
Chosen as a Champion, Carita of Bel Auryn thought she would spend her days fighting demons. Instead, she is drawn into the latest scheme of the Moon Goddess, Ruby: a ridiculous contest to choose the man who will have the "honor" of fathering her child. When Ruby encourages Carita to choose a competitor, she picks the man she is most drawn to--and immediately regrets it.
That man is Lucian Veradayne, the Lord of Death. He knows he must win Ruby's game at any cost. It doesn't matter that he has avoided her for over two thousand years. It doesn't matter that she hated him enough to maim their first son. And it definitely doesn't matter that he would much rather woo her endearing but brash Champion, Carita. The Soul Well, the source of all creation, has given Lucian a vision that he and Ruby must have another child. A child who will save the world.
But winning Ruby's affection and resisting Carita will prove to be the least of Lucian's problems. He and Carita are not the only ones who have been drawn into Ruby's game. Someone else wants to get close to her, and they are willing to kill to make that happen. Will Carita and Lucian be able to protect Ruby long enough for a victor to be named? And if so, will they be able to walk away from each other to ensure the Soul Well's prophecy comes true?
There are definitely things that I am really excited for as I prepare to write this. Are few of those are:
- I get to explore what Kesyl was like as a little boy.
- I get to experience how Carita and Lucian fell in love.
- I get to see how Zakariah was before he started opening up to people.
- I have a chance to (hopefully) understand Ruby better.
There are definitely some challenges that I will be facing in writing this, though:
- I need to research how to authentically capture the voice of a little boy.
- I'm writing about a woman who is raising a son; not exactly normal NA stuff there.
- I'm working the contents of two novellas into a collective story arc. That's...interesting.
- I face the challenge of ensuring my world can be understood in this context from first time readers, since I am hoping this will be book one of my series.
So, yeah. July is going to be insane. My goal is to write 50,000 words but I'd honestly like to finish the whole rough draft for this story. As long as I hit the word goal I'll be happy. If completing the whole thing takes me to the end of August I still wouldn't be overly upset.
So, is anyone else doing Camp NaNoWriMo? What are you writing about? I'd love to know!